View Single Post
Old 10-15-2014, 02:32 PM
cashs_mom

Originally Posted by Suzanne57 View Post
From what I've read, Ebola patients are not contagious until they show symptoms so if she didn't develop a fever until she got back, she shouldn't have infected anyone. If she started the fever on board, different story.
That's what the CDC says. But then the CDC also said that it wasn't that easy to contract the disease and yet 2 healthcare workers who were in a hospital situation have contracted it from one man who lied to get into the country. I'm not sure they know enough about ebola to know how it really is passed from person to person. They're just guessing and trying to keep everyone from panicking while they are still allowing people from West Africans countries to come here on their word that they have not been in contact with ebola patients. They also have not isolated any of the people who came in contact with the original patient. They are letting them monitor themselves and suggesting they don't travel but not really restricting them from doing so.

I, for one, would not want to be the person sitting in the airline seat used by this woman on her flight back. I don't trust the CDC that far.