Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Fort Worth to Cleveland?

Power Poster

Fort Worth to Cleveland?

FYI-don't want to alarm anyone but just saw on the news that a second nurse has come down with Ebola. They are looking to notify any one on that flight on October 13.

The news report I heard had the flight originating in Cleveland. It's a Frontier flight.

Power Poster
    Yes it is the flight back that they are concerned about. She flew to Cleveland earlier in the week but after flying back to Fort Worth on the October 13, she developed the fever.

From what I've read, Ebola patients are not contagious until they show symptoms so if she didn't develop a fever until she got back, she shouldn't have infected anyone. If she started the fever on board, different story.

There is so much not being reported in the media. The relative this nurse went to see is now quarantined with a low grade fever, the same as the nurse had on the flight back. Too many 'laymen' are now involved for leaks to be contained. It's getting out of hand fast. Kent State held a press conference as some of the nurse's relatives she visited work there and reported to work the next day. Now they have been put on a 21 day leave. A day late and a dollar short.....
    '
    I believe giving what I can will never cause me to be in need.
    Being cheap is not a badge of honor.
    My heroes are working people, paying their own way, taking care of their children and being decent human beings.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanne57 View Post
    From what I've read, Ebola patients are not contagious until they show symptoms so if she didn't develop a fever until she got back, she shouldn't have infected anyone. If she started the fever on board, different story.
    That's what the CDC says. But then the CDC also said that it wasn't that easy to contract the disease and yet 2 healthcare workers who were in a hospital situation have contracted it from one man who lied to get into the country. I'm not sure they know enough about ebola to know how it really is passed from person to person. They're just guessing and trying to keep everyone from panicking while they are still allowing people from West Africans countries to come here on their word that they have not been in contact with ebola patients. They also have not isolated any of the people who came in contact with the original patient. They are letting them monitor themselves and suggesting they don't travel but not really restricting them from doing so.

I, for one, would not want to be the person sitting in the airline seat used by this woman on her flight back. I don't trust the CDC that far.
    Patrice S

Bernina Artista 180, Singer 301a, Featherweight Centennial, Rocketeer, Juki 2200 QVP Mini, White 1964 Featherweight

and that guy who lied knew he had it thought he be slick and come here for better treatment then he would have gotten in his country now his family is saying he didn't get fair treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by mandyrose View Post
    and that guy who lied knew he had it thought he be slick and come here for better treatment then he would have gotten in his country now his family is saying he didn't get fair treatment.
    And suing the hospital where he infected at least 2 nurses.
    Patrice S

Bernina Artista 180, Singer 301a, Featherweight Centennial, Rocketeer, Juki 2200 QVP Mini, White 1964 Featherweight

Our politicians, that won by majority vote, are failing us.
    My heroes are working people, paying their own way, taking care of their children and being decent human beings.

Quote Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
    Our politicians, that won by majority vote, are failing us.
    They sure are. Big time.
    Patrice S

Sorry but I know how politicians lie. I don't believe anything I hear about Ebola. I think eventually a lot of people will end up with it. A lot of people are coming back here to be treated and supposedly they shipped what they had here to Africa.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

I have a hard time believing that you aren't contagious until you show symptoms. Seems when my kids were small, and 'building up their immunity' (ie, frequently sick with colds, etc.), I was always told that you were contagious before you had symptoms.

And, the gal on the flight did have a low grade fever, and knew it. She contacted the CDC and they told her to go ahead and fly. What a mistake that was.

But, selfishly, I'm glad she left Akron - my SIL is a DR at the leading Akron hospital!

A guild member told us this morning her DD called to tell her her son's school closed down in Akron due to the nurse being there or relative being there. A store is closed that the nurse shopped in. Someone had to make the store close, the owners can't survive not doing business. Why was it necessary to close these if it take body fluids to infect? Something is not right.

Quote Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
    A guild member told us this morning her DD called to tell her her son's school closed down in Akron due to the nurse being there or relative being there. A store is closed that the nurse shopped in. Someone had to make the store close, the owners can't survive not doing business. Why was it necessary to close these if it take body fluids to infect? Something is not right.
    We are definitely not getting the whole story. Why don't they just quarantine all the people that worked with the Duncan guy until they determine that they don't have ebola? Contain the infection so it doesn't spread. Easy peasy.
    Patrice S

Our Ohio news stated that the store closed for cleaning/disinfecting. The nurse tried on wedding dresses in the store. Sad to say, but I suspect this store is going to have a tough time recovering from this. It looked like a very nice store.

I don't trust the politicians, nor the media any more. That's sad that I feel that way, but they have lied too many times - don't know if it's intentional or not.
    Dodee
    Last edited by Dodee; 10-17-2014 at 08:12 AM. Reason: spacing not right.

Once upon a time a president appointed a "Drug Czar"... Knowing how well that worked out, having an "Ebola Czar" appointed is nowhere nearly as comforting as it is probably suppose to feel to us.

I have to go to alternate news sources to find the real news. There are many news stories that are true that are not reported in main stream media. A hospital in North Arkansas had a lockdown while waiting for one patient to be tested for Ebola. If clear then the lockdown will be removed. Didn't hear that on national news. A patient bolted from an OK hospital when they said she would have to be quarantine to test if she had Ebola. She left. No law saying the hospital could keep her. Hospital just said she probably didn't have Ebola but why did they want to test her? She's floating around OK somewhere.

Blog Entries
    While we are all working about sitting next to the wrong person, I worry about the lack of cleaning on all airplanes. Those tray tables are seldom if ever washed, and all that nice smooth surface allow bacteria to live lone enough to find a next host! No flying for me, I am just too grossed out to chance it being a diabetic.
    If you always do, what you have always done, The results never change. Change is the wings you give yourself.

Blog Entries
    One also went on a cruise. what happened to having to be quarantined? is that only for the general public? I think not!!! I know they were very tired and felt like a break but people must think first! sigh.
    and Ha, ha. the Czar thing got me too. This isn't Russia, there are no Czar's here.

Blog Entries
    Guess who was raised in a communist country ?????

Please tell us who was raised in a communist country.

Blog Entries
    Perhaps I should have said "raised by parents with communist beliefs"! I am not saying for fear of a political war here and I do not want to start that...... Just vote wisely in the next election! Please!!!

Our daughter works in a small town hospital, she said every nurse had to learn how to be dressed & how to help an-
    other nurse get into and out of the germ free suits. This was years ago, (10 yrs or so) and they practice this every now & again so they don`t forget. The reason I`m telling you this, is because every
    hospital has these rules, some one dropped the ball , and should be accountable for it!!!!!!!!!!