Fort Worth to Cleveland?

Old 10-16-2014, 08:15 AM
Power Poster

Sorry but I know how politicians lie. I don't believe anything I hear about Ebola. I think eventually a lot of people will end up with it. A lot of people are coming back here to be treated and supposedly they shipped what they had here to Africa.
Old 10-16-2014, 08:33 AM

I have a hard time believing that you aren't contagious until you show symptoms. Seems when my kids were small, and 'building up their immunity' (ie, frequently sick with colds, etc.), I was always told that you were contagious before you had symptoms.

And, the gal on the flight did have a low grade fever, and knew it. She contacted the CDC and they told her to go ahead and fly. What a mistake that was.

But, selfishly, I'm glad she left Akron - my SIL is a DR at the leading Akron hospital!
Old 10-16-2014, 09:59 AM
Power Poster

A guild member told us this morning her DD called to tell her her son's school closed down in Akron due to the nurse being there or relative being there. A store is closed that the nurse shopped in. Someone had to make the store close, the owners can't survive not doing business. Why was it necessary to close these if it take body fluids to infect? Something is not right.
Old 10-17-2014, 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
A guild member told us this morning her DD called to tell her her son's school closed down in Akron due to the nurse being there or relative being there. A store is closed that the nurse shopped in. Someone had to make the store close, the owners can't survive not doing business. Why was it necessary to close these if it take body fluids to infect? Something is not right.
We are definitely not getting the whole story. Why don't they just quarantine all the people that worked with the Duncan guy until they determine that they don't have ebola? Contain the infection so it doesn't spread. Easy peasy.
Old 10-17-2014, 07:51 AM

Our Ohio news stated that the store closed for cleaning/disinfecting. The nurse tried on wedding dresses in the store. Sad to say, but I suspect this store is going to have a tough time recovering from this. It looked like a very nice store.
Old 10-17-2014, 08:11 AM

I don't trust the politicians, nor the media any more. That's sad that I feel that way, but they have lied too many times - don't know if it's intentional or not.
Dodee

Last edited by Dodee; 10-17-2014 at 08:12 AM. Reason: spacing not right.
Old 10-17-2014, 10:36 AM

Once upon a time a president appointed a "Drug Czar"... Knowing how well that worked out, having an "Ebola Czar" appointed is nowhere nearly as comforting as it is probably suppose to feel to us.
Old 10-17-2014, 11:12 AM
Power Poster

I have to go to alternate news sources to find the real news. There are many news stories that are true that are not reported in main stream media. A hospital in North Arkansas had a lockdown while waiting for one patient to be tested for Ebola. If clear then the lockdown will be removed. Didn't hear that on national news. A patient bolted from an OK hospital when they said she would have to be quarantine to test if she had Ebola. She left. No law saying the hospital could keep her. Hospital just said she probably didn't have Ebola but why did they want to test her? She's floating around OK somewhere.
Old 10-17-2014, 11:12 AM

While we are all working about sitting next to the wrong person, I worry about the lack of cleaning on all airplanes. Those tray tables are seldom if ever washed, and all that nice smooth surface allow bacteria to live lone enough to find a next host! No flying for me, I am just too grossed out to chance it being a diabetic.
Old 10-17-2014, 03:32 PM
Power Poster

One also went on a cruise. what happened to having to be quarantined? is that only for the general public? I think not!!! I know they were very tired and felt like a break but people must think first! sigh.
and Ha, ha. the Czar thing got me too. This isn't Russia, there are no Czar's here.