View Single Post
Old 10-16-2014, 06:57 AM
Mrs. SewNSew

Originally Posted by sdhaevrsi View Post
I am glad to know that the Goo Gone worked to get the tape off, (which doesn't surprise me,) but that it didn't soak in and alter the appearance of the wood! That did surprise me! I should have tried that on the old wallpaper residue that remained when someone had applied the paper onto one of my old cabinets. I will remember this for the future. Not that I expect to be working on anymore cabinets. Haha!
It would be difficult in this case to say accurately whether it soaked in or not. The cabinet had been in storage WITH the tape on, so the silver part was crusty and disintegrating and the underneath was gooey. The cabinet has some slight color variations from having the tape on all this time anyway. I used Glenn's cleaning stuff after which seemed to clean it really well. Even though it has linseed oil added to the mix, the table did not appear oily after wards. I did wax it when done so, although the Goo Gone is oily, I was cleaning with another oil and then waxed. I guess even if any Goo Gone did soak in it would be just another oil in the mix lol!

I was definitely very impressed with the cleaning recipe (s). With mineral spirits and oil and such I didn't have a clue what to expect. I thought it might take the finish right off or something but NO, it was just a really good cleaner. I will be using it again and again now that I know how good it is!