Old 10-17-2014, 02:14 PM
gale

Question two different qayg methods-which is better?

I am planning a queen size qayg project. I have two options that I like.

fun & done-this method means I have to make the backing pieces an inch bigger all around, and faux sashing on the front will have to be the same color as the backing and will be about 1" wide which means it might encroach a bit on my block designs.

ditter's method-this method means I can use any backings I want, even patchwork style, but I will have to cut and deal with narrow strips for the back and the front. I would swap out the back strips for the front (so the ones on the back will be the doubled strips covering the seams) so the faux sashing would be only 1/2" wide, which will not encroach on my block design at all (since it will only cover the seam allowance).

Has anyone done both and have any feedback? I'm leaning toward ditter's method (to see how it is with the back and front strips swapped out see this post-but I would double the covering strip like ditter did on the front rather than the way it shows on this one) but am nervous about using such narrow strips. Not so much between blocks but between rows.