View Single Post
Old 10-24-2014, 05:28 AM
Sewnoma

DH & I both like old hand tools - we have a pretty good collection going just from things we each have inherited from our fathers and grandfathers. We don't clean them up; we like them worn & rusty and we put them on display just as they are. Many of them have the initials of our family members engraved into them, which I really like. AND they still work and occasionally still get used, LOL.

I also have a small collection of old bottles; some I've bought on my own, some came from my grandmother's collection when she passed on. My favorite are the purple glass; I also have some purple glass doorknobs.

I have a jar full of old marbles that were part of my father's collection. When he passed away my family split up his HUGE collection, so many of us now have a jar full of his marbles.

I also collect rocks and fossils...those are vintage, right? LOL

In my sewing room, I collect and display vintage sewing notions that come my way. I don't seek them out, but people tend to pass sewing tins on to me when their aunt so-and-so passes on and there's often some neat treasures mixed in amongst the bent needles & random buttons. I have a couple mason jars full of buttons (some vintage, some not), old advertizement needle packs, old tailor's chalk, old rick-rack...anything with a "retro" style packaging or interesting graphics that comes my way goes on display. Also a (very small) collection of old scissors hangs on my wall.