View Single Post
Old 10-25-2014, 11:39 AM
Feathers-N-Fur

Originally Posted by hsquiltingmom View Post
What size throat on this machine? and can you use it with frames? I work with a Juki industrial machine all day at work sewing trade show displays and I love them. I have looked at getting a grace frame and using a Juki with it, but I am not sure there is room for a king size quilt in there. The Juki I have considered is the 2010q (I think). It has been a while since I looked.
The F600 has an 8.5" harp. It is very different from the 2010q. The F600 is a computerized machine with hundreds of stitches and 3 alphabets. I love the independent motor for the bobbin winder. No need to choose between sewing or winding a bobbin. I have quilted several oversized queen quilts on mine, both FMQ and walking foot quilting. The 2010q had a 9" harp and is a mechanical straight stitch only machine. You can quilt a king size on a frame with either machine, but your space is limited. It works best to quilt half, then turn it around and quilt the other half. I found I prefer to just work at my desk the old fashioned way rather than be limited by the frame.