View Single Post
Old 10-26-2014, 03:25 AM
CindyA

Pat, I do yoga with bad knees and a bad back. I don't think my knee problems are as serious as yours sounds, though. As far as my bad back - that is the main reason I do yoga. Yoga has helped my back more than anything I've every tried. I take a gentle yoga class and the first thing the instructor always does is ask everyone what issues and limitations they have. I told her right off the bat I am NEVER doing headstands or anything crazy like that. She is very accommodating and offers alternatives or says just sit out on a pose that you can't/dont want to do. Not all my instructors have been good. Some just didn't seem to help and others forced me way beyond what I repeatedly said I was not comfortable with. I eventually just left her, I can't work with someone who refuses to listen to me. BTW you're making me tired with all that you did yesterday.

MeganC731, LOVE the quilt and nice pieced backing, too. You have horses?

PamH, it IS sad when the quilt stores close. We have a fabric store that used to have a really big quilt section (it had just as much as a good specialty quilt store) that has dwindled so small that it's really just not worth going to anymore. In fact, I avoid it because it's so depressing as compared to what it was in its heyday. I now have to drive but at least I can get to 3 different stores in less that 1.25 hours. I've tried ordering off the internet but it's just not the same. Once I ordered a beautiful black and white but when it came it was black and tan/cream. It definitely would not work in the top I was piecing.