Thread: 201 Singer
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2014, 11:10 AM
ThayerRags

Here’s another portable option, although it isn’t an original mating. The machine is a 1948 Singer 201K4 Hand Crank (originally an electric 201). The case is a Singer snap-on case that is of a slightly newer vintage, but I don’t know what machines it was sent out with originally. The length of it allows the hand attachment to remain on the machine with the lid snapped on. The solid wooden bed extension and base makes this machine heavier than a normal 201, so I don’t “port” it much unless I use an old wheel chair to roll it around in. I believe that the case handle is strong enough to use for carrying, and I do use it for lifting, but about any handle can break.

An old wheelchair is my choice for transporting portable sewing machines of all kinds and in all types of cases. I have 4 of them scattered around at the shop and at the house just for that purpose. And they go across grass and gravel, up over curbs, and even up and down stairs. And while they’re transporting my machine, they make a nice walker for me to hold onto as well....

CD in Oklahoma
Attached Thumbnails machine467_01.jpg   machine467_06.jpg