Old 10-28-2014, 02:40 AM
miriam
Power Poster

That wheel is a very close fit. Dried oil is keeping it stuck. I've seen machines with torn up wheels from someone beating on it. I've seen bent shafts - who knows what Egor did with that one. Turn the machine wheel end up. Drop a little oil in there where the wheel meets the top hat thingy that is holding it on the shaft (where you see pieces of metal meet.) Then let it soak a while. Then if it isn't loose after soaking and heating for a good while, turn it wheel side down. Use a rubber mallet and bang down on it as you turn it. Careful so you don't bend the shaft. Be careful so you don't loose parts and bits of the wheel by getting too aggressive with a hammer. I have had to hold on to the needle bar on a couple but I don't recommend that unless you have to and can do it with out bending the needle bar. If it still doesn't spin after a little soak, try a little heat. Heat up the shaft area so it can free up the dried oil. Kerosene and liquid wrench can mess with your sewing machine's finish so if you use it be very careful. When you do get if off, use a little bit of alcohol to clean the dried up oil off. I don't know what oil Kenmore used on some of those machines but I hate that stuff. I have a couple Kenmore machines that have that stuff on the inside. No amount of cleaning seems to touch that stuff. I think Kroil softened it for a while once. Then I couldn't find the spot again. If this all scares you and you think you might ruin the machine, take it somewhere and have it done. I realize not everybody is cut out to work on their machine.