Old 10-28-2014, 05:11 AM
romanojg

Originally Posted by Neesie View Post
Thanks! Actually, my price range depends upon the program and what it does. I've read reviews on several different ones and am hoping to get opinions from QB folks, before deciding upon one.
I do like 5D Pro and there are features in 6D that is even better. I'm not ready to upgrade because I haven't been able to use even a small fraction of the features yet so I figure it'd be a waste of money. The store I go to is helping me work on that now including extra classes to learn it. Check to see if Floriani is doing a show in your area, they go all over. I've seen their software demo too, they are about the same cost of 5D. The best time to buy software is if you are at a show or demo. Like here the Viking educator comes every yr or so and so does the Floriani and at those shows you can get great price reductions on your software. I'd never buy the software, even to upgrade unless it was at one of those shows. I do know that most of the time the Viking stores can do the software with zero financing for a certain amount of time, that saves alot. Good luck. See what stores you have around you and if you can get demos. Make sure what ever software you get you ask if they do multiple formats. There are a few good books out, one is from John Deer and mrpatience.com has lots of free videos on the 5 and 6D plus classes that you can pay for as well. I'd check out many different things before I bought. Especially if you can get a place locally to help if needed when you get stuck.