Old 10-28-2014, 03:46 PM
cindi

Originally Posted by nativetexan View Post
my new fridge looks terrible. cleaned with stainless steel cleaner. I haven't tried anything else yet. I just look at the large smudge and cringe and go about other things. Never again will i buy a stainless steel fridge.
NativeTexan, try the alcohol/Dawn/water mixture. The smudge may just be cleaner that wasn't completely wiped off. We recently bought a house and the stainless steel fridge was absolutely atrocious. I don't know that they EVER wiped down the fridge in 10 years. I took Barkeeper's Friend (the liquid, not the dry powder), put just a little bit ( like 2 fingertips worth) on a damp microfiber towel, and lightly rubbed it on the SS (with the grain), then wiped it clean with another damp microfiber towel. It took a while, but OMG, it cleaned it right up! The left side is clean, the right side is nasty:

Then I used the alcohol/Dawn/water solution on it. It's looked great ever since. Just don't rub real hard with the BKF, and be sure to wipe it down afterward. That might help with your "smudge". Be sure to try it on a hidden area first
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  

Last edited by cindi; 10-28-2014 at 03:52 PM.