Old 10-29-2014, 06:33 AM
tessagin
Power Poster

I have a gas stove with the black drip pans and grates. Black glass top and black glass oven door. I just wipe it down right after dishes. Had company (announced) show up one day. They said "Wow, your house looks clean!" I stated "Thanks but did you come to see us or our housekeeping, Because there's the door!" They started apologizing. I don't visit people because of their housekeeping. I visit "them".
Originally Posted by LynnG View Post
The person or persons that is/are responsible for the design and marketing of stainless steel appliances for public use should be publicly spanked and return our hard earned money! lol Major regret for me! I also have a stainless steel gas oven/range with a black top. Another major regret! The black top is insane to keep clean...to shiny and shows dust! Sheesh! Not only do I have constantly clean the stainless fridge, dish washer and range but I have to dust the top of my range! My Mother used to say that things like this were designed by men to keep their women in the kitchen (she was a 50's wife)..I'm wondering if she was right at this point. lol I really miss the old textured appliances and the ease of keeping clean. I windex the heck out of my stainless...in fact, I should own stock in windex since I use so much.