Thread: Living space
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2014, 04:19 AM
lwbuchholz

I am in almost the same position. I live in a single wide home and since it is just me and there is 2 bedrooms I use the bigger bedroom for the "craft" room. I don't need a big room to sleep in. I have recently bought 10 acres and am planning on moving the house there. I can grow my own food and have solar so that is covered. I think I will have to take on a part time job or find something to sell to supplement SS. It is a hard decision to make because things are going to go up in price and SS won't go up as much. There are a few programs that help seniors so check into them in your area. By the way I am in Montana so there isn't a lot of heat here but I do have a small window air conditioner.
The best to you.
Lynda

Originally Posted by cactusmomma View Post
I am trying to decide where to live in the next couple of years when I retire. Stay in town or move to the country? How small living space can I "survive" in. I have been looking at the Tiny Houses but being a quilter..i guess I could put a quilt shed next to it. Trying to lower my living expenses to the bare minimum since all I have is social security. Right now I own a home in Phoenix but won't be able to keep it up, I have a manufactured home outside Maricopa but fear in the future I won't be able to get to the store for groceries. Thinking about a single wide, maybe and I would like to get out of the heat. If you are retired, what type of housing do you have and what is the square footage?