Old 11-03-2014, 02:48 PM
romille

Question Two months to crank out ~10 gifts... ideas?!

I am trying to figure out what the heck to make for my family. Every year we get together for a dinner and swap gifts. We are a small group these days, I only need about 10 gifts if I do individual gifts... or 6 if I do married couples jointly. There is also one teenager and one 4.5 year old.

In the past, the types of gifts given have been things like home made treats, candles, goodie bags of candy, ornaments, and things of that nature. Last year I gave them all a drawstring bag with a Yankee candle in it. The only thing that varied was the fabric of the bag. For the teen I also gave her a gift card, and the then-3 year old just got toys. This year I have no idea what I want to do. I am looking for the right balance of cost, effort, and looking like I spent more time on it than I actually did. I have a toddler, so sewing time is limited!

Right now this ITH quilted stocking is my forerunner:
http://www.hoopsisters.com/santa-bab...ital-download/

Do you guys have any great ideas??? I am thinking maybe something in-the-hoop for simplicity, but I am also considering some easy mug rugs, coasters, or wall hangings. Or maybe something that I could make partially in the hoop (like appliqué) that is used in a wall hanging, coaster, table topper, etc... I don't know!

>>>What is the best bang-for-your-buck/time thing you guys have found that can be made en masse?