View Single Post
Old 11-08-2014, 06:28 AM
Mousie
Power Poster

Default Quilter has my quilt, not working on it!

My mother has visual problems so I am asking this for her:

I made a quilt for my son's birthday in October. I took it to a reccommended long arm quilter and told her it was a gift.
I was supposed to have it back in September.
When I inquired about it, she said she had a couple girls taking out stitches. I got worried and sent my son to check on it, since I don't drive.
He saw it on the frame and the backing had got caught up in the frame and got sewed up.
So they have to rip it out.
He said it appeared that no one was working on it at all. This was two weeks ago, which was the last week of October.
Yes, ds birthday had come and gone. It was his 60th so I was really excited to make it for him as I do have some visual problems.
I've made other quilts and got nice responses from friends and family about them.
I just don't know what to do about this situation.
I feel like she may be a good long armer, since I trust the person/business that told me about her, but I feel like she may not be a good business person or something, bc I feel like I am getting the run around.
I don't want to offend them bc she has my quilt and she is a very nice person, but I'm so disappointed and just want my quilt finished.
What should I do? I can't take the stitches out myself.

Last edited by Mousie; 11-08-2014 at 06:34 AM.