Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilter has my quilt, not working on it! >

Quilter has my quilt, not working on it!

Quilter has my quilt, not working on it!

Old 11-10-2014, 07:47 AM

Turn around time is so important! I long arm for the public and I have never kept a quilt longer than 5 days. There is another person in my town, however, who keeps them 6 months. I don't understand that. When I have a job to do I do it. Really inspect that quilt when you do get it back for snips and nicks since she is saying it got caught. I'm so sorry you're having this trouble. It is unfair to you, and unfair to other long armers as well. I hope it works out for you in the end.
Old 11-10-2014, 07:56 AM

Wow I think this idea of yours is very charitable . It would be wonderful if one of the board members could help out this way. I know if I was a longarmer or an experienced quilter and lived near where her mother lives I wouldn't hesitate to help out and no charge too. Honesty is always the best policy and I really feel bad this has happen . I pray someone will help this board member out with her mothers gift that she made with love and appreciation for her brother.
Old 11-10-2014, 08:03 AM

I worked hard on a quilt top for my daughter"s birthday. Even had help from a friend. Carried it to this shop in January said I needed it in March and didn't get it. August I had called so much with no answer the phone and it hit me, SHE is there just not answering the phone. So I told hubby let's go get my quilt and he said I thought she didn't answer the phone and I said she didn't but no one never just not answer their phone. We went to the shop and I told him to go open the door and ask her about the quilt and to get it. He still couldn't figure out why I thought she was there and just not answering the phone. Well he walks in hands her the ticket and said I need to pick this quilt up and he did. The friend that help me make it ended up quilting it after she got her long arm. I have since found out that she has this person's 3 old quilt tops his momma made before she passed away, and has had them a year at least. I told him he better go in there and get those quilts and get someone else to quilt them. If a person has had your quilt for a long time and has done nothing to it, then they should call you. If they see that they can't get it done by deadline, they should call and tell you that and get you come and get it and possibly call someone else to quilt it for you.
Old 11-10-2014, 05:27 PM

Every Quilter has a turn around time. Asking what the time frame is would be totally acceptable. It sounds like you had that conversation. She should have stayed up day and night to correct what she did wrong.(catching the back). Your quilt should have been finished per your original agreement. Go to her house, don't give her a way to put you off. If your there you should see your quilt. Possibly get your quilt. I understand not wanting to offend her, but that is a two way street. She should be concerned about offending you. If she has had a personal set back, understandable,.
but......you should have gotten a phone call explaining the delay. Best of luck!
Old 11-12-2014, 05:49 AM
Power Poster

Call her and tell her how you feel. Ask her for a definite date as to when your quilt will be done. I would take it from her if she cannot give you some kind of a time you can expect your quilt back...Good luck..
Old 11-12-2014, 02:49 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by nabobw View Post
Sure hope it is not the same quilter that I took mine to. I was told the same thing happened and it took forever to get it and when I did she did a bad job on it.

i hope not either, i looked on the map and you both are CLOSE to each other!
Everyone stay tuned for a thread PART 2 OF QUILTER HAS MY QUILT, ok?
Old 11-12-2014, 08:13 PM

My thoughts are sure with you all as you get this figured out. I am hoping for a happy ending.

Dina
Old 11-12-2014, 09:12 PM

As a Longarm quilter I must say there are things that happen that we cannot help and delays happen. I was almost ruined by a client on this board before my business had hardly gotten off the ground. She complained repeatedly to the board about an issue that I was totally in the dark about. Firm, frequent but polite communication with the longarmer is what is called for here. She is at fault for not alerting you to the delays. But being a polite proactive client can solve many problems more quickly in your favor. I would, however, definitely let her know how the delay has affected you. If this fails to get results and I would hope the offer of a discount then I would definitely pick up the quilt and have someone else finish it.

Last edited by Silver Needle; 11-12-2014 at 09:17 PM.