Old 11-20-2014, 08:05 AM
borntoquilt

Great picture! thanks for sharing! I prefer the ORIGINAL ones not the touristic BUT the parrot (upper left) is very nice. I purchased 2 molas in Cartagena Columbia a few years ago. The turtle is hand made and I suspect original. The geometric one is machine made which I did not realize when I bot it. I love it anyway!!! I was running out of countries to purchase them in. Columbia was our last stop so I was under pressure. lol !! Anyway! I love them. A friend of mine has collected them for years and finally got enough to make an entire quilt out of. It was STUNNING BUT you have to like that sort of "ART" A local guild member teaches it. I just can't pin her down on WHEN she is teaching the class. drat! Thanks for sharing and thank you for the information about Panama.... We are thinking maybe next October or so. I would love to come "meet" you. We didn't make it to Panama City when we were there cause we took a private tour thru the canal. Took most of the day. Got back to cruise ship at 8:30 P.M. Wheeeeee