Old 11-21-2014, 09:27 AM
imacoffeesnob

Originally Posted by Gayle8675309 View Post
Hi,

I'm interested in making lap sized (or even small throw sized) quilts for a charity, but do not know of a charity that needs them. I checked with our local cancer center, and they don't need any quilts. I just want to be able to make some lap sized quilts to decrease my stash and enjoy making smaller projects.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
Oh good golly, how much stash do you have? Project Linus, Newborns in Need, ConKerr Cancer; (they want pillowcases for kids). Quilts for Kids. (you can google any of these for local places). Your local police, sheriff or fire departments, CPS, if you live in a large city, hospitals for NICU, local veterans hospitals use wheelchair quilts. All of these are smaller quilts, they will burn thru your stash in no time, and you will have the satisfaction of helping someone. Don't forget homeless shelters or domestic violence shelters, contact your local police for info on how to contact them. (I have donated to all of these charities, so I know they will welcome your help and generosity.)