Old 11-22-2014, 06:59 AM
GailG

Originally Posted by adamae View Post
Reason I asked...I had to rid up my sewing area so had to put projects aside for now. Only one, a t shirt quilt to finish before Thanksgiving; it is all pieced, just need to apply backing and either tie or machine quilt.. The children are visiting tomorrow to celebrate my 80th birthday, so I am cleaning house. Living alone, I tend to not do the deep cleaning... like shampoo carpets as often as when I was younger. On the plus side, getting it all done will give me new incentive to begin again finishing some UFOs....which are many! Happy Thanksgiving Day!
I don't usually do "Christmas sewing" anymore. But I do want to comment on this post. I have just finished a UFO which is a tee shirt quilt. The top was made before I learned how to do a tee quilt properly -- I did not stabilize the shirts before I assembled the top. It worked out fine because I used the sashings to keep the blocks square. But DSM quilting is a problem for me because of the stretching of the tee fabric and the "rubberized" logos on some of the shirts. One of the tee quilts I had done previously was done all by hand with some tying. The second one was machine quilted stitching in the ditch along the sashings and then hand quilting around the logos. This one, I tied the whole thing. It has made the softest most relaxed quilt, so comfy to lie under. I love it. Keep some of that cleaning for AFTER they leave and enjoy your family while they are with you. Happy Thanksgiving!

Last edited by GailG; 11-22-2014 at 07:01 AM.