Old 11-24-2014, 12:09 PM
Dolphyngyrl

Originally Posted by Cari-in-Oly View Post
Most machines are made in China or Taiwan anymore, so that has nothing to do with the quality of the individual machine. I take a lot of these kind of reviews with a grain of salt. If you read them carefully, you'll notice how many are from inexperienced people buying their first sewing machine, have no real idea what they're doing so problems can often be attributed to user error.

Cari
I agree, I have had quite a few low end brothers probably made in china all for many years that work wonderfully still. I do think many problems are attributed to user error, yes there are always lemons in every brand in every price range, but I place little value on reviews especially if they have not had the machine for any length of time. Even me for my TOL when doing embroidery encounter problems occassionally and in the end it is always user error, wrong needle, wrong stabilizer, not enough stabilizer. I can see it being easy for a newbie, especially one not the best experienced with technology getting frustrated. I see some struggle with these high tech machines and my 5 year old who loves gadgets knows them like the back of her hand, better than me even