View Single Post
Old 01-04-2010, 02:06 PM
cabinqltr

I agree about the "cheap quilts". I have seen some that I wouldn't take home if they were free. People are surely getting ripped off.
Another thing that really aggitates me is going to Lancaster, PA area and seeing the "Amish Made" quilts which are not as advertised. We were there about 3 years ago checking out the quilt shops. While in one a big van type vehicle pulled in and several Oriental ladies got out and each carried in several quilts to be sold. Yes they are well made, hand appliqued and beautiful---but NOT Amish made as advertised. Am I picky or what? They make big money on the " Amish Made" signs. I feel this is fraud and false advertising, am I wrong? Please, let's have some answers. People from all over the world go there for "Amish Made Quilts" and believe that is what they are buying. I make my own, do not buy them there. I was extremely disappointed when I learned this. I read about them in a newspaper article but do not know how to put it on here. If you want to read more Google --Hmong quilt making. Several articles on there. Rant is over.