View Single Post
Old 11-28-2014, 04:25 PM
Prism99
Power Poster

Default Has anyone taken an EQ University class?

Here is the website: http://classes.electricquilt.com/

I have owned EQ7 for at least a year but it languishes unused on my computer because I simply don't "get" how to use it (in spite of having worked as a software developer for business applications for many years). Wondering if some of the EQ University classes would be worthwhile even though I don't seem to do at all well with Craftsy classes -- too impatient to sit through long descriptions, I think. With the EQ classes, though, I may be able to have the class running on one monitor while I actually practice carrying out the instructions on the other monitor.

$40 per class is a hefty amount of money, so I'd like to be sure I would actually get something out of it. As far as I can tell, I would have to start with the Sampler class and then take the Block class before I could take the Layouts class -- which I think means I would be paying more for the classes than I did for EQ7 to begin with!

I know about Rhonda's tutorial here. Printed out a lesson and followed it on the computer. It's just that nothing seems to "stick" with me this way, I think because my brain doesn't work well when I have to shift focus frequently between paper and the computer monitor.