Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Has anyone taken an EQ University class? >

Has anyone taken an EQ University class?

Has anyone taken an EQ University class?

Old 11-29-2014, 09:11 AM

I have EQ 7 as well , and don't use it. I am pretty computer literate but just can't seem to retain the steps. I know if I use it more it would become second nature after awhile, but I am on a computer all day for work and just can't deal with looking a the screen and stumbling through it.

I do wish there was an EQ for dummies book, so I could refer to it when I get mentally twisted.
Old 11-29-2014, 11:45 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by coffeecozy View Post
why not try the quick start one, it is free?
Well, that makes a lot of sense! That's what I'll do. Guess I'll have to check back regularly, though, as I'm too late to join the current session. For anyone else interested, here is the link to the free quick start program:
http://classes.electricquilt.com/cla...7-quick-start/
Old 11-29-2014, 11:48 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by oldtnquiltinglady View Post
Can you forward one of these posts to an email address? I gave my EQ6 to a cousin of mine who is more computer literate than I am, and I think this posting might be of some help to her as she goes into the learning part of using it. I never was able to get through the book, so I didn't even attempt to load it into my computer. Somebody please help me out here. That would be a pretty awful waste of money if she nor I neither one can figure it out.
You can include a link to this thread in an email. Basically you just cut and paste the address of the thread. Go up to the url line (www.quiltingboard.com/etc.), click anywhere on that line once so that the entire line becomes highlighted in blue, then hold down the control key (Ctrl in lower left of keyboard) and press the C key. This will cut the address and hold it in temporary storage for you. Go to your email message and paste the address into that (Ctrl and V). This creates a clickable link for your cousin. All she has to do is click on that link to come to this message.
Old 11-30-2014, 05:13 AM

Originally Posted by AudreyB View Post
I have EQ 7 and it does a whole lot more than I need. It would be nice if EQ put out a workbook in addition to the manual. I have no idea if a Craftsy class would be helpful or not. But, it couldn't hurt. I learn better by visual than I do by the written word. I'll be interested to read other replies.
AudreyB - There are a series of "EQ with ME" books, I have purchased the Pieced Drawing book and the Quilt design is on my wishlist. The one I have is excellent - I am half way through it so far.

http://electricquilt.com/online-shop/category/books/

Prism99 - I was intrigued with the EQ University as well - because as with everyone else I know that I use only a fraction of the capabilities of my EQ7. There are things I am sure that it would do if only I knew how! The EQ with Me books are $25 which is less than the class but you may get more support with the class.

I may sign up for the Quick Start just to check it out.