View Single Post
Old 11-29-2014, 05:46 AM
Weezy Rider

The big problem I have with EQ - some things do not work in the traditional manner. I can and do use Illustrator, so editing curves and drawing usually aren't the problem. Where things are put, is. Seems like everything goes in Sketchbook, but you can't keep Sketchbook open while looking at something else. You wind up adding duplicates of fabric, etc. I haven't tried a custom palette - like setting up ONLY the colors I want (say rusts and browns) saving it, and applying to a new quilt.

Remembering what works on each layer and process is a pain. Patch Draw and Draw get confusing as to how to edit what. If I screw up a drawing in Illustrator, all I have to do is select the appropriate tool and layer if I'm using one to fix the points. EQ, you change mode!

Studio for the Silhouette Cameo follows the normal vector proceedure, you stand a chance. The same for a few embroidery digitizing programs.

Vector drawing follows certain rules. It depends on coordinates to function. I think that's why the software designer is having a problem. EQ has forked vector.