View Single Post
Old 11-29-2014, 10:10 PM
madamekelly

Default Funny Thanksgiving stories...

I thought I would start a thread for funny Thanksgiving stories, you know we all have them.

- I will tell the first one.

As I have said here many times, I suffer from permanent vertigo and severe memory problems and sometimes they run over each other with amusing results. Thursday while supervising the cooking in my kitchen, I bent over to get a pan out of the lower cupboard, (forgetting about the vertigo for a second). When I came up, I did so too fast, which made my head spin pretty bad. I lost my balance, fell back into the refrigerator, and slid down the back door, landing unceremoniously on my bum quite hard. I am not a small woman so when I fell it made a big noise, and the whole house went copletely silent, and everyone turned to see if I was OK. As soon as they were sure I was ok, they started to laugh, which brought the dogs running, and guess who got her whole face 'washed' by doggie spit? Bleah! (For the record, I wasn't really hurt, just a little bruised and quite embarrassed. As I said everyone else cooked me dinner, even DH got into the kitchen for a couple minutes. He had offered to stir the gravy, so we said go ahead. I forgot he has only ever stirred soups and stuff for me as he walks through the kitchen while I am sewing, so cooking is not something he even understands. As is in most homes on Thanksgiving, the game was on, and he walked into the front room to watch, leaving the gravy sitting on high, and next thing we knew my stove top was swimming in gravy! All four burners were on, and hot, and we were trying to get as much gravy cleaned up without getting burned as we could. Quite a bit cooked to the stove top, so I spent Black Friday using oven cleaner to make my nice white stove white again. I still love DH, but that man needs to stay out of my kitchen! (I overheard him today on the phone telling his brother that he helped make dinner by making the gravy!) Really?
How was your Thanksgiving, and what is the funniest one you remember?