View Single Post
Old 12-06-2014, 07:17 PM
sewbizgirl
Power Poster

So sorry this lady's quilts were stolen right out of her home. So sad.

I sold at a craft fair today and wasn't doing too well when an older, well-dressed woman stopped in and talked to me for at least 15 minutes about all of my quilts and also quilting machines. I even wrote down the make and model of my sewing machine for her on the back of one of my business cards, at her request. She said she had several machines, an embroidery machine and was planning to buy a long-arm. I thought I was just talking to a nice fellow quilter when she said she wanted to buy one my quilts. She asked me to put it aside and hold it for her while she finished walking the craft fair, so she wouldn't have to carry it. So I held it for her for nearly two hours before realizing she was just blowing smoke up my you-know-what. Why do people have to do that? Why go through a big sham of coming back to buy a quilt when it's perfectly fine not to buy one in the first place? I was so disappointed in my lack of character judgement. I believed the lady. Everyone else was so nice today but that one bad experience made me sad.