Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Selling your quilts >

Selling your quilts

Selling your quilts

Old 12-07-2014, 05:45 AM

Just a thought - is the world getting worse, or is the ability to obtain information about this type of thing due to the internet and social media bringing more of this information to light?

I wish individuals would not think that they have to answer their door or phone! If I am not expecting anyone I don't answer the door if I can't identify who is there. Don't feel bad about hanging up a phone or keeping a door closed - you have the right! Your rights are greater than the person on the phone or at the door.

I agree about not letting anyone in the house if you don't know them and you are alone. If you have no option, make sure you let someone know what you are doing.

Sorry for the loss of the quilts - karma is a real thing, I just wish it worked faster some times!
Old 12-08-2014, 06:37 PM

This is unbelievable! I am so sorry there are such terrible people in this world!
Old 12-08-2014, 06:55 PM

Smile

Okay, I taught in a rather questionable area and a lot of my students would go home to houses and were alone until the parents came home. Some of the kids were afraid when the doorbell rang by a stranger and would hide and be very quiet. I told them to go to the inside of the front door and yell as loud as they could "Mom, Mom, there is a stranger at the door!!!!" Okay MOM, I won't open it!!!!! They kids felt much safer after that because if it was someone that was thinking of breaking in, they left. At least 3 of my students came and thanked me and others said it worked for them. Now, when I am home alone and the doorbell rings and I look through the peep hole, and it is a stranger, I yell as loud as I can, "Honey, there is a stranger at the door and I am not opening it!!! They leave. We live in a new world and have to think out of the box at times....