Old 12-08-2014, 08:31 AM
Dolphyngyrl

I have a brother Dreamweaver XE6200D. Things I love about it are the large harp, pivoting feature, don't need knee lift, multifunction foot pedal, can cut thread sew backwards forward, needle threader, the lighting is super bright, the dual feed muvit foot, this foot goes through anything with perfect stitching, can plow through over 10 layers of fabric with ease, and sews difficult fabric well, my machine sews knits well, embroidery is super easy to do and place, you can turn thread sensors off if you don't want them. The laser is nice for straight line stitching. I love the pen for multiple thing stopping for binding or decorative stitching. I love it for placing embroideries where I want, and moving my needle where I want when I sew, lots of stitches. I used to want accufeed or IDT, however the mufit foot is better than a walking foot or IDT. It is large and it is not built in to the machine, but it never bothered me to put on a walking foot. I would say the main thing I don't like about the machine is its portability as it is large and super heavy, not a machine to travel or take to classes even though I want to. The throat plate is cumbersome to take off, would like it to come off easier, but for all the wonderful features its something I see as just a small nuisance. I personally don't mind unplugging the machine for the start/stop feature, but I hardly use the feature unless my daughter wants to play on my machine, and the embroidery still works with it plugged in. Honestly ever since I purchased my machine I really don't have the machine envy I used to, and I still learn new thing my machine does all the time that I didn't know it could do. There are a lot of brands on the market and all have different feature, like janomes have accufeed but not the pivoting feature, pfaffs have IDT which is different than accufeed and I think they tend to go through layers better than janomes. Juki's are also very popular and the stitch quality on them is nice. You just have to find what features appeal to you most and most people prefer certain brands. I am a brother girl, have only owned brother machines or brother made babylocks. I have used viking, bernina, and most people I have been around have janomes, but after experiencing all of those it just confirms I love my brothers, even my cheap ones have been a workhorse for me. There is little I dislike about my machine, even my cheap one from walmart I love and use quite a bit, makes the best straight stitch.