View Single Post
Old 12-09-2014, 05:23 PM
wildyard

Just wanted to say, tho it makes me so sad at this time of year even more than usual, it looks like I am going to be kept busy making comfort quilts instead of getting to finish a UFO again this month.
I just mailed one yesterday to an 11 yr old who unexpectedly lost her dad and today had a call about a young woman under 40 who had a mastectomy today and starts chemo as soon as she is up to it. I will start planning a quilt for her tomorrow.
I am also trying to make a graduation quilt for my grandson, but he totally gets it and doesn't mind when his gets put on the back burner for a comfort quilt.
This year more than ever it is really hitting home with me how some people are dealing with so much while others are having a normal, happy holiday season.
I want all of you here in UFO attack zone, as well as everyone I know to know that I hope you are having a wonderful, normal, happy holiday season, and that if for whatever reason you are not, I am sending out heartfelt love and hugs for all that need them. If I could, I would wrap each person who needs one in a comfort quilt filled with love