Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
2014 UFO Challenge of the Month >

2014 UFO Challenge of the Month

2014 UFO Challenge of the Month

Old 12-31-2014, 02:36 PM

Okay, I'm going with the assumption that everyone is having some sort of fun tonight that doesn't involve sewing, so I'm going to give our annual totals. Drum roll please....

8 UFOs finished in December bringing our total for the year to 223!!!! awesome job everyone! To all the starters, finishers and encouragers, have a safe and wonderful 2015!
Old 12-31-2014, 05:22 PM

Here is my latest finish: a top from my MIL's fabric for her grandson's wedding in June, 2015. She wasn't able to make him one so I used her fabric stash. It measures 88 by 93. It does hang straight but I needed to take the picture at an angle. I still need to remove the pieces of thread on the front. I will be sewing some blocks that I found in her fabric on the backing which is a light blue sheet. She preferred to use sheets on the backs of her grandchildren's wedding quilts.

Sometime in January, it will be delivered to a group of ladies to hand quilt. Hopefully someone else will do the binding but it may come back to me to bind.

I started cutting it about a year and a half ago.

Only 3 more quilts to make for the other grandchildren that didn't get a wedding quilt from her.

Happy New Year's!

Connie
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
Old 12-31-2014, 05:41 PM

Yayyyyyyyy Connie and that makes 224!!! I am so proud of all our hard work and many finishes in 2014. Great work everyone.

I sure hope people will be more well in this coming year so I can work on more PUFFs and fewer comfort quilts will be needed. Not that I begrudge making them, not at all. Just makes me sad that the need seems to grow and grow.

I do have some exciting PUFFs to get at, so I'm looking forward to them!! See you all in the 2015 thread!!! Hugs and smiles!