View Single Post
Old 12-11-2014, 05:37 PM
momto5

Sorry for your loss; I certainly understand how you feel as I lost one in March. She had liver cancer and had had a clear "physical" the past November. I didn't even suspect that she was that ill....she was older (16) but had been in good health until all this. She started getting really "clingy" and was gone in just a few days.
She did leave her two poodle brothers, though....one is a tiny (7lbs.) silver poodle, (Jakie) AKC registered, and the other is a poodle mix (17 pounds) that we rescued (DJ). My kids swear that DJ is my husband reincarnated; he has to know exactly where I'm at and what I'm doing; if I'm quilting, he's in the studio, if I'm cooking (rare!!) he's in the kitchen; if I'm sleeping, they're BOTH in the bed with me. DJ has the UPS guy convinced he weighs 500 pounds and is bullet-proof because the driver will NOT come up on my front steps if he spots him...the Fed Ex guy is apparently more his style because he will go out on the porch to greet him....but he won't let him in the house either! Every time I tell the kids about his latest antic, they all say, "Told you Daddy's got him watching out for you!" He also wakes me up in the morning by sitting on my chest and softly "woofing"...to start. If I don't obey promptly, things go South in a hurry.
They're both 12, loves of my life and I don't know what I'll do when the inevitable happens. Been threatening to get a wolf hybrid but might get one that would be a little easier to handle. We'll see......after seeing these German Shepherds on here, who knows!