View Single Post
Old 12-12-2014, 04:34 AM
Edie

You can see Miss Bess, she is my wonder dog, avatar and constant (almost always) companion. Bess is going to be 12 years old. She is getting white around her face and tail. She needs "Out" at 2:00 AM and then I can't get back to sleep. A few months ago I got two seven week old parakeets - one is yellow and black - BiBi - (Big Bird) male and Bitz is a grey/blue female - they are very sweet. When Christmas is over and I have a little more time I am going to work with them and get them hand trained. I can You Tube parakeet sounds and they love that. I am also thinking of getting two finches - All critters are B names - our first dog was Bridget, now Bess, BiBi and Bitz and I have already named the finches (I think I will get them after the tree comes down and they will go in my sewing area). They will be Biddy for the female and Bubba for the male. I am getting excited about this. Have learned that parakeets spit seeds. Read that they liked hard boiled eggs crushed with the shell (protein) - they don't like it. The pet store said they love thawed frozen vegetables - they don't like it. They also said apples, oranges, grapes. They don't like it. So it is their seed, they peel the bark off the manzanita branches, they like that - scraping on the cuttlebone - they like that. Lettuce? - They don't like that - crying out loud, I have gourmet parakeets!!!!!! But they are happy! For sure!!!!

Edie