View Single Post
Old 12-12-2014, 05:23 AM
beadywoman

Love reading this thread! I was always a cat person, but none of my cats liked my husband and one in particular would deposit atrocious, smelly presents by his boots daily. Patient man that he is, he put up with this for quite a while before declaring the house as a "No Cat Zone," but that I could have dogs. While I envisioned a big dog lounging lovingly at my feet, Hubby was convinced that puppy love should come in small packages. He got me a Shih Tzu that I named Dante. He is our clown and is very expressive and exuberant. After we had Dante a couple of years, Hubby wanted to add a girl to our family, and we got Daphne, also a Shih Tzu. She is very reserved, and plays straight man to all of Dante's antics.

Then one of our son's friends came to live with us and when he moved out, gifted us with a Great Dane named Lacy. She was very fearful and distrustful when she came to us, and I spent months gaining her trust. She protects me from birds, cats, the Shih Tzus, and barking dogs on the TV! Despite her size, she is not the Alpha - Daphne puts her in her place regularly! Love my furry friends!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]502214[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]502215[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]502216[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg