Show me your zoo!!!

Old 01-21-2015, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by QultingaddictUK View Post
Kellypete, I am in love with Pouf, what an attitude
Pouf's attitude seems to be remarkable similar to my Lilly Belle's. She knows she is the mistress of all she surveys and a troublemaker to boot. She too is a rescue. She is also quite young in these pics.
Attached Thumbnails i-still-fit-.jpg   look-what-big-brother-taught-me.jpg  

Last edited by chris_quilts; 01-21-2015 at 01:24 PM.
Old 01-21-2015, 04:55 PM

Oh I love your zoos! So many rescued babys. So many animal lovers on here.

I love dogs, I could never live without them. My first dog was a West Highland White Terrier - Lisa. I got her when I was 13 years old and I had to say good bye to her two years ago, she was almost 17 years old. When Lisa was 7 years old I adopted Angelina - also a WHWT. Another 7 years later I fell in love with labs and Lilly entered my life. She was 8 weeks old and I've got her from a breeder. I picked her out of the litter when she was 5 weeks old. She is always on my side and has the typical lab goofy character. So I ended up with three dogs. After Lisa passed away I didn't want to have another third dog but ... two months later I saw a sweet little puppy on a Romanian rescue page and fell in love.
Mona arrived here three weeks later. She is very special. Angelina didn't like to live in a pack anymore, she lives now with my parents as a single dog and rules the couch. She lives the bes life ever. Lilly and Mona are my angels. They are my best friends and my babys. I'm pregnant at the moment and I can't wait to introduce the human puppy to my pack. I will upload photos tomorrow.
Old 01-31-2015, 07:43 AM

We had a huge zoo over the years of 53 marriage. We lost our last horse of 27, 3 years ago. When she went down in the pasture and my husband called for the vet to come, I stood in the rain with her (she was lying on the ground) and held the umbrella over her face because I didn't want it to rain in her huge, beautiful eyes. It took the vet 45 minutes to get there. It was so hard but I stroked her face and talked to her because she wanted to get up and couldn't. I cried for days. We lost our 13 year old Jack Russell Terrier (rescued), Patches, 7 months ago. She was in renal failure and we didn't want her to suffer any longer. I can't seem to bring myself to have another fur baby just yet. I have loved reading all your stories and seeing your pictures of your beautiful "zoos". Thank you so much for sharing...