View Single Post
Old 12-13-2014, 02:48 PM
MagaQuilt

Originally Posted by MarionsQuilts View Post
WOW ... what awesome pics and great stories ... I'm so happy I started this thread ... it's wonderful to see how much joy and pleasure these amazing creatures give us (and of course the huge sorrow when they leave way too soon!)

I just came back from a 3-hour hike in the woods ... had to break a trail through a foot of snow ... Ky's still not tired and I'm ready to drop ...
Seeing all the lovely dogs make me miss mine even more although it is now 4 years since I had to take the "decision"; the one that is so hard to take but is part of owning a pet.
This is Thor who came to us from a dogs' home having been mistreated and left.[ATTACH=CONFIG]502378[/ATTACH]

Not sure how old he was the vet guessed at around 4 years. He then stayed in the home for 6 months because nobody wanted him. It was love at first sight. He was afraid of men but my DH is very patient and soon got on well with him. He didn't bark for almost a year then suddenly one day when somebody came to the door and knock he barked and then looked at me very frightened. I started teaching him to bark when somebody was at the door and stop on command. We had the most wonderful 8 1/2 years together. We will not have another dog - we are too old now; it would too selfish but I will never, ever forget all the wonderful hours I have spent walking, drying, feeding and sewing with him. He slept underneath my sewing table and even help me sew once, when I had gotten up to iron and suddenly the machine whirred behind me and he had gotten up and sat himself down on the foot pedal! That taught me to switch the machine off when ironing
Thanks for letting me share my pet too
MagaQuilt
Attached Thumbnails p1008012.jpg