Thread: Organ needles
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2014, 07:31 AM
fivepaws

Golly, I was beginning to think that I was the only one who knew about the wonders of Superior titanium needles. I used Schmetz for years until I discovered Bob of Superior. Their threads are Superior also.

Originally Posted by HouseDragon View Post
I buy Superior Titanium Coated Needles: right there on the back it says:

Manufactured for Superior Threads by ORGAN NEEDLE Co. Ltd. Japan

A couple of days ago I needed to change to a different needle size. Couldn't find my stock of Superiors and put in a new (bought within the last year) Schmetz needle. Ladies, I wasn't doing anything weird, just sewing along, and the needle broke off just above the hole after about three minutes of sewing. Nothing flew anywhere: the lower bit still had the thread through the eye and the second piece was still attached to the machine. Before we left Austria I stocked up on Schmetz needles (still made in Germany) and never had a problem with those needles but all that's left are a couple of pkgs of Jeans needles.

After the needle broke, I went on the hunt and found my stock of Superior needles in the container with my Superior threads. That made sense.
Superior needles last and last.

I've learned my lesson! Superior needles are the only needles I'll be purchasing from now on!