Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Organ needles >

Organ needles

Organ needles

Old 12-14-2014, 08:01 AM

I recently purchased some of the Superior Titanium needles for use with metallic threads used in embroidery and I've been happy. Didn't realize they were made by Organ until reading this. That said, my dealer really seems to push the Klasse needles, which are actually made in Germany, unlike my Schmitz ones which all say "made in India" as was pointed out here. I've not used them enough to be able to attest to their quality though. It may be that my store gets a good price on them since they are also a Madeira thread dealer and Klasse is from the same distributor.
Old 12-14-2014, 05:38 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by hray View Post
When I took my "new machine" classes for my Brother VQ-3000, the instructor said to pitch out the Organ needles that came with the machine because they were not any good. That was about 2 years ago.
That was only to sell you the brand of needles they carry. Why would Brother or any other machine maker for that matter include inferior needles with their machines, especially the pricier ones?

Cari
Old 12-14-2014, 07:41 PM

This is what came with my Bailey quilting machine, I do not have to change them often.Works wonderful for me. One of my friends who has a really nice computerized quilting machine gave me a box of Groz-Beckert to try,when I was having trouble with a t-shirt quilt, haven't tried them yet.
Old 12-15-2014, 01:11 PM

my local sewing store sells a pack of ten for $5 and they last forever and I love them use them in every sewing machine I have
Old 12-17-2014, 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by hray View Post
When I took my "new machine" classes for my Brother VQ-3000, the instructor said to pitch out the Organ needles that came with the machine because they were not any good.
Originally Posted by Cari-in-Oly View Post
That was only to sell you the brand of needles they carry. Why would Brother or any other machine maker for that matter include inferior needles with their machines, especially the pricier ones? Cari
I agree. In fact, my owner's manual specifically recommends the Organ needles.

Originally Posted by Cari-in-Oly View Post
I don't understand the fascination with titanium needles.
They're harder, so they stay sharp longer. Same for titanium rotary blades. Regarding your thinking about the needle breaking - the titanium needles, being harder, do not bend as easily. So if you're doing something like FMQ, the titanium needles might be a better choice. As you move the fabric, it's easier to bend a non-titanium needle and break it, or throw off the timing.
Old 12-18-2014, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by kindleaddict63 View Post
Did the instructor give any alternative recommendations?
Schmetz...which is what their store sells...hmmmmmmmm