Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Organ needles >

Organ needles

Organ needles

Old 12-13-2014, 03:00 PM

With respect http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japan_Steel_Works
they do make steel themselves - otherwise I would wonder about those samurai swords!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...tion#Countries

Last edited by kindleaddict63; 12-13-2014 at 03:19 PM.
Old 12-13-2014, 03:21 PM

As you can see, Organ make needles for Janome.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]502384[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
Old 12-13-2014, 03:41 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by kindleaddict63 View Post
With respect http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japan_Steel_Works
they do make steel themselves - otherwise I would wonder about those samurai swords!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...tion#Countries
I stand partially corrected. Japan doesn't produce their own iron ore, needed for making steel. Years ago I lived in a port city where ships bound for Japan were regularly loaded with raw lumber, iron ore and steel among other things.

Cari
Old 12-13-2014, 04:13 PM

I have only used Organ with my Janome 6500 since 2004. I tried Schmetz, but my machine didn't like them.
Old 12-13-2014, 05:28 PM

My Bernina tech advised against Organ needles. He said they're cheaply made and the depth of the scarf can mess up your machine. He recommended Schmetz.
Old 12-13-2014, 09:10 PM

When I took my "new machine" classes for my Brother VQ-3000, the instructor said to pitch out the Organ needles that came with the machine because they were not any good. That was about 2 years ago.
Old 12-13-2014, 10:33 PM

I am also an Organ Titanium Needle fan. I get mine from Superior also.

http://www.superiorthreads.com/shop/...chine-needles/
Old 12-14-2014, 03:49 AM

Originally Posted by hray View Post
When I took my "new machine" classes for my Brother VQ-3000, the instructor said to pitch out the Organ needles that came with the machine because they were not any good. That was about 2 years ago.
Did the instructor give any alternative recommendations?
Old 12-14-2014, 06:01 AM

I have used both the Schmetz and Organ needles in my Brother Innovis 4000D. Both worked, but the Schmetz wore out much quicker. When I bought the Organ Needles from All Brands, which has a storefront near me, I asked them which needle I should use in my machine. I was intending on doing embroidery and had not started any quilting projects at that time. They recommended I use Organ HAx130EB 80/12. These last forever. They very rarely break and last through many embroidery projects. I don't know if they are titanium or not and really don't care. When these packs of 10 are gone, I will go back to Organ for sure.

This was a note I made to myself years ago.....Size 11 Organ HAx130EBBR or HAX130EB Needles recommended for all embroidery because the smaller needle is better for dense embroidery. Size 14 only for thicker, dense fabrics.

I believe they recommended the 12's because I was buying a box of 10 packs with 10 needles in each. The size 12's have been used to PP, embroidery on denim, fine cotton, and sewing all my quilt projects.

I have heard of people who change needles after every quilt. I would have wasted soooooo many needles if I did that. I change when I hear them go "Clunk" as they pierce the fabric. When that happens they are dull and will pull threads in your fabric in a heartbeat. The only needle I broke was because I didn't have the bobbin case back in properly on my Brother 4000. I haven't made that mistake again.

FYI.....I use the Organ needles in my vintage Singer Golden Touch and Sew, my Big Brother, and my little Brother Runway from Wal-Mart. I have had no problem with any of them.

Last edited by Barb in Louisiana; 12-14-2014 at 06:05 AM.
Old 12-14-2014, 07:31 AM

Golly, I was beginning to think that I was the only one who knew about the wonders of Superior titanium needles. I used Schmetz for years until I discovered Bob of Superior. Their threads are Superior also.

Originally Posted by HouseDragon View Post
I buy Superior Titanium Coated Needles: right there on the back it says:

Manufactured for Superior Threads by ORGAN NEEDLE Co. Ltd. Japan

A couple of days ago I needed to change to a different needle size. Couldn't find my stock of Superiors and put in a new (bought within the last year) Schmetz needle. Ladies, I wasn't doing anything weird, just sewing along, and the needle broke off just above the hole after about three minutes of sewing. Nothing flew anywhere: the lower bit still had the thread through the eye and the second piece was still attached to the machine. Before we left Austria I stocked up on Schmetz needles (still made in Germany) and never had a problem with those needles but all that's left are a couple of pkgs of Jeans needles.

After the needle broke, I went on the hunt and found my stock of Superior needles in the container with my Superior threads. That made sense.
Superior needles last and last.

I've learned my lesson! Superior needles are the only needles I'll be purchasing from now on!