View Single Post
Old 12-15-2014, 06:15 AM
quiltin-nannie

We have a ranch home that sits on about 3/4 of an acre. There were no houses around us until a spec house was built next door and sat empty for about three years. A family moved in but the house is far enough away we can't hear their conversations when they are outside. On the other side was a field, but the township turned it into a park, so that makes our lot look huge. Behind us (quite a distance) is a road with woods between us and then the road. The township was going to cut it all down and use it for the park, but I called while they were doing it and asked them not to. The manager at the time got on the walkie talkie and told the guys to stop. Our backyard is so private you can't see anything past it in the summer and no one can see into it. Love it here, but anymore the yard work and snow removal is too much for us. Our neighbor cuts the grass for us which really helps. I would love to move to a townhouse or condo, but don't want to give up my huge sewing room/office. Right now daughter and DGD live with us, but they will be moving into their own place in the spring. Hopefully! Then we will have to do something because DGD won't be around to help us. She is my legs; she runs up and down the basement stairs to do laundry, get stuff from the freezer, etc.