View Single Post
Old 01-05-2010, 11:09 AM
Prism99
Power Poster

Originally Posted by diannemc
Do you have trouble giving them away? I am making a quilt for a someone who is having a baby in Feb..She is a young girl and don't think she will understand how much time has been put in making it..probably will chunk it once the baby is older or if doesn't go with her decor in baby room...The closer I get to finishing it I am having second thoughts..Now don't get me wrong I wanted to make something for her but I wish I had done a simple quilt..and smaller..Do I have the wrong attitude about this....?? I am new to quilting and didn't realize how time goes into quilting...I will give it to her but was wondering for next time what do ya'll do for gifts? And what size?
I would make a simpler quilt for her and save the finished quilt for a different special occasion. Some people really do not understand quilts until later in life; some never understand their value. A friendship can be damaged when someone mistreats a quilt! (See other posts in this thread for examples.) It's better all around to give a gift that is appropriate to the giftee, even if that means a store-bought gift.