Thread: Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2014, 02:15 AM
Sheilz

Default Thread

Thanks to the wonderful advice on this forum I changed from using gutterman cotton threads to bottom line for piecing my quilts. I've made so many quilts with it without issue and love the neat and bulk free seams it creates. The very strangest thing has happened though because my Janome has taken a real dislike to it. In fact I'd go as far as to say my Janome doesn't like black thread! Sounds a bit crazy but even when I'm embroidering if a colour is going to break its the black, always the black. Two days ago after almost completing a quilt top using black bottom line it started messing up the seams. I did all the usual things to correct the situation but it was having none of it. I changed to a different thread top and bobbin and completed the top. A couple of times I tried 'sneaking' bottom line into the bobbin case and top but the machine started throwing a hissy fit and I'd to change back to the other thread to finish my sewing. Has anyone any ideas as to why bottom line has fallen from grace with my machine? I have a large box of yummy coloured bottom line reels lying frightened in the corner awaiting to know their fate. Would the fact my machine has been used to do a serious amount of embroidery of late have anything to do with it?