View Single Post
Old 12-18-2014, 06:14 AM
Airwick156

Barb in Louisiana..... I passed on your design to my friend and this is the reply that I got back this morning from her...

Good morning Deanna, I'm just now on the computer - and found this message from Deborah - regarding the quilt. Your friend provided wonderful information - I hope to understand it better after my morning coffee
I wonder if this further information will offer a way to find the actual drawings of the quilt... that would be so awesome! what do you think?

It was from a previous version of the EQ website, "August 2006 Challenge: Mathematical Concepts" but it does not appear to be available on their current website, which only goes back to 2009, I think.
The EQ designer seems to be someone from Victoria, BC, and I believe the name they give the pattern is Celestial Geometry. It is based on another pattern by the same person called "Six-to-One Squares". Their description: The quilt was developed as a single square. The horizontal and vertical lines were spaced to create successive folded back squares in the sequence 1, 6, 2, 5, 3, 4. The squares were formed in the two main diagonals ; the construction lines were adjusted diagonally or removed to create the finished design, respecting the underlying structure imposed by the squares. The coloring was chosen to highlight the squares. But otherwise, I cannot find anything else on it. The charts from Barb in Louisiana look to be my best bet

Does any of this make sense to you? Not to me it doesnt. lol