Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone know the name of this quilt?

Blog Entries

Does anyone know the name of this quilt?

My friend is looking for the name of this quilt does anyone have any clue on what it is?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    There comes a time in life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh, forget the bad, and focus on the good. So, love the people who treat you right. Think good thoughts for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is part of LIFE...Getting back up is LIVING...

It's pretty, but I have no idea, hopefully someone here will be able to help you out.

Blog Entries
    I think its gorgeous and in those colors too. I hope someone knows the name so I can tell her.
    There comes a time in life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh, forget the bad, and focus on the good. So, love the people who treat you right. Think good thoughts for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is part of LIFE...Getting back up is LIVING...

This looks like a quilt design drawing similar to what you get when you design a block and then a quilt in EQ. Do you know where she found this? Any type web page would help. The block is an interesting one. I am trying to draw it now. I don't know if that will help you or not.
    Sew a Little, Love a Lot & Live like you were dying!

Blog Entries
    We have no idea where she found it at. I hope you can draw it. That would be so wonderful if you could. It seems to me that I have seen this pattern before but then I could be wrong it is really pretty though. I think it would look way cool done in browns. Please let me know if you figure it out I would appreciate it so very much Barb.

I can draw the block, but am having trouble with the sashing. This is my version of the block. It has some really weird measurements in it. The 24" block seems to have the least amount of strange measurements.

I'm going to do some looking since I really like this. I will see what I can find.
    June

I've looked really hard at the picture you provided and I think this is a design drawing and not a real quilt. Design drawings don't always translate into a quilt exactly like the drawing. Barb has done a great job on this and I think she has gotten as close to the drawing as possible. What she has provided would make a beautiful quilt. You could play with the sashings to make some of the angles but not like it shows in the drawing, but it still would be great.
    June

Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    Is it possible that rather than sashing, this is a quilt where you make the block then cut it up and reassemble....like (what is it?) Yellow Brick Road or Disappearing 9 Patch. Have to admit I've not made any of these but know there are several kinds.

Jan in VA
    Jan in VA
    Living in the foothills
    peacefully colors my world.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...bums19552.html

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Barb in Louisiana View Post
    I can draw the block, but am having trouble with the sashing. This is my version of the block. It has some really weird measurements in it. The 24" block seems to have the least amount of strange measurements.
    Thank you so much Barb. I will pass this on to her. Your brilliant. Thank you so much from the bottom of my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Jan in VA View Post
    Is it possible that rather than sashing, this is a quilt where you make the block then cut it up and reassemble....like (what is it?) Yellow Brick Road or Disappearing 9 Patch. Have to admit I've not made any of these but know there are several kinds.

Jan in VA
    I had thought about that Jan. But I rejected that premise. Mainly because of the way the odd shaped fabrics pinwheel around each of the squares. It sure was an interesting exercise in EQ.

Quote Originally Posted by Airwick156 View Post
    Thank you so much Barb. I will pass this on to her. Your brilliant. Thank you so much from the bottom of my heart.
    You are very welcome. I do welcome these type challenges. This is the quilt I created using 24" blocks, which resulted in a quilt about 59" square. This is to give you some idea of how to do the sashing. The ones I couldn't do were the small Boston blocks. I colored all those a bright beige so they would stand out. I hope this helps your friend.

DUHHHHH!!!!! I goofed on part of the sashing. This picture is right. Apparently I need to get off this computer and get some sleep.

No idea, it is very pretty in those colors.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

WOW, that is gorgeous ... I might just have to do something like this with all my scraps!!!!

Blog Entries
    Barb in Louisiana..... I passed on your design to my friend and this is the reply that I got back this morning from her...

Good morning Deanna, I'm just now on the computer - and found this message from Deborah - regarding the quilt. Your friend provided wonderful information - I hope to understand it better after my morning coffee
    I wonder if this further information will offer a way to find the actual drawings of the quilt... that would be so awesome! what do you think?

It was from a previous version of the EQ website, "August 2006 Challenge: Mathematical Concepts" but it does not appear to be available on their current website, which only goes back to 2009, I think.
    The EQ designer seems to be someone from Victoria, BC, and I believe the name they give the pattern is Celestial Geometry. It is based on another pattern by the same person called "Six-to-One Squares". Their description: The quilt was developed as a single square. The horizontal and vertical lines were spaced to create successive folded back squares in the sequence 1, 6, 2, 5, 3, 4. The squares were formed in the two main diagonals ; the construction lines were adjusted diagonally or removed to create the finished design, respecting the underlying structure imposed by the squares. The coloring was chosen to highlight the squares. But otherwise, I cannot find anything else on it. The charts from Barb in Louisiana look to be my best bet

Does any of this make sense to you? Not to me it doesnt. lol

Power Poster
    if one starts with a 4x4 square in the center ( which will be replaced with the diagonals later)

draw a 4x4 square at each outside corner of that center squarr

then a 3x3 square on the outside corner of a 4x4 square

then a 5x5 square on the outside corne of a 3x3 sq

then a 2x2 square on the outside corner of. a 5x5 square

then a 6x6 square on the outside corner of a 2x2 square

then a 1x1 square on the outside corner of a 6x6 square

these squares form two diagonals that are the framework for the block.

I think the basis might be from six-sided dice
    1 and 6 are on opposite sides of a die
    2 and 5
    3 and 4

then the rest is filled in.

I have no idez how to construct it as shown in the originsl drawing.

Power Poster
    womder how it would look if one did it in a reverse progression?

I have no idea, but the colors are beautiful. My inclination is that it is a drawing rather than an actual quilt, but that doesn't mean it couldn't be recreated as a quilt. The measurements might have to be adjusted, but with some graph paper and a pencil that sure is possible. Barb in Louisiana seems to have gotten it right and I'd follow her advice. Let us know how it turns out, okay?
    BettyGee, quilter on a Rocky Mountain High

Blog Entries
    Thanks Bearisgray. I will pass on that information too. You all are just wonderful people here. i knew this is where I needed to come and ask. Thanks all.

Power Poster
    it will have "not usual" angled"

I must be missing something? It looks like a basic block of squares and half square triangle with flippy triangles on them? I would like to duplicate this one, tooooo.

I would love to try to make this quilt after I gain more experience. Did anyone post how to do the sashing parts, or did I miss that post?
    As a beginner, I would need a pattern or instructions for that part. I printed out the wonderful patterns that Barb was so kind to post for us. I really love this quilt, blue is my favorite color, and my darker greens LOL wonder how this quilt would look done up in Fall colors???? I don't have the knack to picture that in my head, I would have to just make it and hope it worked out. LOL Have a wonderful day everyone. Rachel

Power Poster
    After lookng more closely at the quilt/drawing in the first post, I think it was created on a 46x46 grid.

I would draw lines at these intervals: 1-6-2-5-3-4-4-4-3-5-2-6-1 and then start connecting and erasing lines.

( I am using a Nook and am not able to provide an illustration. )

I think this is just one " block" -

I almost looks like a disappearing 9 patch. I seen one like it just a few days ago, but I don't remember the site.Sorry.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast