View Single Post
Old 12-19-2014, 03:56 AM
Edie

Originally Posted by greenjellybean View Post
Edie I can top that, I am 81 and learn something every time I log on to the Quilting board. Thank you all for your expertise so readily shared.
It is really remarkable isn't it! But if you come right down to the nitty-gritty, we are all the same age - with eternal optimism. There are things I know that I don't like (like applique), but I do admire and appreciate the work that all of you do. What I wouldn't give to do a Baltimore Quilt, but I know I won't. When I am 81, I hope to be done with a quilt that I have the book for, the ideas crammed in my brain - and if you all know me, you know I love samplers and this is "The Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt" with 111 blocks - 6x6 and I have never done one less than 12x12 (only because I like the size on a coverlet quilt - (15 blocks) and a big quilt with 35 blocks. We can do anything we want and with ideas from you all, we have the most beautiful quilts ever and just remember our ancestors who, somehow, let us know that this is more than a heritage, it is a responsibility that we have to our children and grand children and my two greats that they have a responsibility to carry on where our family from way back when taught their children how to quilt. And, again, God Bless us Everyone. Edie