Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: A word of thanks

Blog Entries

A word of thanks

Once again it is the season to express my sincere thanks to all the members and moderators of QB. You all are the best. I have never seen a post asking for help that was not answered right away. You are always ready to let your work go to help someone. It might involve your having to search for the answer but you do it unselfishly. It is unbelievable how much knowledge that is displayed on this board every day. I have been a quilter for many years but realize when I look at some of your work I don't know very much. At 77 years old I learn something new all the time. Thanks for letting me be a proud member of this group. May all of you have a very Merry Christmas and a Great New Year. Happy sewing.
    Joy

I second your sweet message! This board has been a great gift to me!!!

I do hope you have a wonderful Christmas and even better next year.

This is a great place with great people. Happy Holidays to you also and to everyone else.
    June

Blog Entries
    I totally agree. Being 76, I still have the attitude that I can still learn and because of the Quilting Board and my first stop at the computer in the AM, I have learned so much. This is my quiet time before the birds wake up and start "bawking" all over the place and Bess wakes up and wants out and a snack. And, during this time of the year, I find it so much fun learning different ways to do this or what our folks used to say or how we do this or what we are fixing for dinner or what our favorite gift is. It is good to know that from one end of the US to the other, we are basically all the same. I have learned that what I thought were gems of wisdom out of my mother's mouth came out of the mouths of practically every mother here. I am always learning on the Quilting Board and for that I am grateful. I wish all of you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy and Healthy New Year (and lots of fabric presents!!!!!) God Bless us Everyone. Edie
    Home is where the rags of your life are turned into quilts, lemons become lemonade and a few extra pounds are simply welcomed as "more of you to love."
    I am so confused. I don't know if I found a rope or lost my horse."

BELIEVE

i also agree with you message Merry Christmas to all and a happy new year.

My sentiments exactly....just think of all the wonderful quilted things that will be shared on Christmas morn......a legacy continuing.......may the blessings of this joyous time be bestowed on all.......

The best wishes to you also Merry Christmas and the happiest new year. I'm 79 ,have learned a lot from the board also, enjoy reading it daily with my first cup of coffee .
    Freedom to speak is a gift ;please don't take it from us..

Blog Entries
    Merry Christmas to all of you on the Quilting Board. I am always spreading the word and bragging about how much I have learned (and always learning more) as I get up and come straight to my computer after I come awake in the morning. I am 78 (have to ponder this out, 36 from 14, is my method to figure out how old I am, for I do not feel like an old lady) still going, but not strong, fading in looks, but OK, thought processes all still working, but not so fast on the up-take anymore. I love my conversations that I have with y'all, and look forward to opening my PM's every morning.
    Make every day count for something!

JoAnn

Blog Entries
    I was planning a similar post, so I will just add to your wonderful beginning. I want to say thank you for the wonderful gift of being a member of this board. Where else can you ask 99,489 people for help, and get it almost instantly. This is probably the first time in history that so many people as a group, can have a conversation, and no fighting, politics, bickering, or anger. World governments could learn a lot from us. I am thankful for each and every one of you, and keep the board as a whole in my prayers. I know I owe a large debt to this board for broadening my horizons, showing me what is possible, great advice, new friends, wonderful pictures of your projects, funny stories, great memories, and for showing me that there are wonderful people all over the globe. We have 99,489 members on this committee, and still get things done. To me, that is amazing. I have been on smaller committees that got nothing done because personal agendas kept getting in the way. None of that here. Thank you for the gift of true friendship. Blessings on all of you. I hope the new year brings you everything you need, and at least one thing that you want.
    If you always do, what you have always done, The results never change. Change is the wings you give yourself.

Blog Entries
    I ditto every word that is being typed on this board. As a grandmother of 8 and great-grandmother of 2, I figure I will have to live to at least 100 (I am now 71) to quilt every family member a quilt before I pass away! So with this positive thinking my husband bought me a wonderful Christmas present... a Baby Lock Ellisimo Gold and you bet your boopy I am going to learn how to use this machine. Next year's presents will be all embroidered! Lol

Happy Holidays and happy sewing to you too, I second your sentiments I am always inspired by this group of quilters

Blog Entries
    Edie I can top that, I am 81 and learn something every time I log on to the Quilting board. Thank you all for your expertise so readily shared.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by greenjellybean View Post
    Edie I can top that, I am 81 and learn something every time I log on to the Quilting board. Thank you all for your expertise so readily shared.
    It is really remarkable isn't it! But if you come right down to the nitty-gritty, we are all the same age - with eternal optimism. There are things I know that I don't like (like applique), but I do admire and appreciate the work that all of you do. What I wouldn't give to do a Baltimore Quilt, but I know I won't. When I am 81, I hope to be done with a quilt that I have the book for, the ideas crammed in my brain - and if you all know me, you know I love samplers and this is "The Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt" with 111 blocks - 6x6 and I have never done one less than 12x12 (only because I like the size on a coverlet quilt - (15 blocks) and a big quilt with 35 blocks. We can do anything we want and with ideas from you all, we have the most beautiful quilts ever and just remember our ancestors who, somehow, let us know that this is more than a heritage, it is a responsibility that we have to our children and grand children and my two greats that they have a responsibility to carry on where our family from way back when taught their children how to quilt. And, again, God Bless us Everyone. Edie
    Home is where the rags of your life are turned into quilts, lemons become lemonade and a few extra pounds are simply welcomed as "more of you to love."
    I am so confused. I don't know if I found a rope or lost my horse."

BELIEVE

Blog Entries
    Same message as Joy's. Thanks folks. Merry Christmas and remember Jesus Is the reason for the Season. I love looking at everyone's work some I would never attempt but if I'm unsure about a way to do things, there is always someone here on the board coming to he rescue. I turned 70 in Sept, and have sewn all of my life it seems, but I m so amazed at new techniques I read about and tutorials that so many are generous enough to post for everyone. I too get on this board first thing every morning. Blessings to ALL!
    Last edited by Gerbie; 12-19-2014 at 05:27 AM.

Merry Christmas to you and everyone on this board. I am one who self taught my self to quilt, through this site. So many very wise people are on here. So many helpful people also. Thanks, wishing the best New Year also. I am 65 years old and have been quilting for 5 years.
    Last edited by Pinklady; 12-19-2014 at 06:48 AM.

Blog Entries
    Yes thank you to those that keep this board up and running. I really enjoy it almost every day. Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New year.