View Single Post
Old 12-19-2014, 05:48 PM
Annaquilts
Power Poster

Parts do need to be replaced and maintained. I would hope over time a LA quilter gains new skills not loose skills. Of course if her children or DH are quilting you should know before hand and be OK with it and if their skills are lower this should be reflected in cost. I sometimes try out something new, with their permission of course, on simple quilts of friends and charge them for a basic all over even though I do custom work. Another time they come in and want as cheap as possible they will get that, a basic all over. Did she maybe do favors for you in the past and now she is doing basic work because you are paying for a basic all over? If there are problems with tension or just plain bad work you should talk to her. It is also good to have a clear understanding of cost and what will be quilted onto your quilt. Even between friends a basic contract will help you get what you want and help her understand what is expected. I hope you are able to resolve this especially since she is a friend.