Thread: Struggling
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2014, 06:32 AM
shy

I have made many requested quilts from family.Right now I am doing another tee shirt quilt. Which I totally hate making.
Many have been colors I dislike.I drag my feet starting them every time..But once I start.Which I make myself do..I know I have to finish..I think about the person not the quilt..some of the quilts have turn out great..not my taste or style..but doesn't have to be to be nice..just finish a wedding quilt ..the colors were deep purple and turquoise..far out of my color range..but when done was beautiful..the groom comment was to the bride..I don't even like our colors..but this is beautiful..the comment was relayed back to me..had another ..not my colors..that ended up in all the wedding pictures..they like it so well..so my advise is think of your friend..fun times with her..do a few hours here and there..until u see it start to grow into a quilt..u may be surprised at what happens..if u keep negative feelings..u will end up fighting the quilt ..all the time u work on it..