View Single Post
Old 01-05-2010, 05:26 PM
davis2se

Give it to her. Put a nice label on the back, explaining who it is for, why it was made, the love that went into making it, and who you are. After that it is out of your hands. My first quilt was one for my first grandbaby - a boy who is the light of my life. Because of a broken ankle and other issues I couldn't finish it until he was 7 month old, but my daughter just cried when she first saw it. Every time I visited them for close to 2 years she would talk about how much they all loved it, and how Davis, my darlin' little grandboy, would snuggle on all the "minkee" parts. A couple of months ago I went to visit them and Davis was in a "big boy" bed (he's three in a few days), with a Thomas the Train sheet set and comforter. The quilt I made was folded over the foot board, but I just about lost my breath when I saw it. It looked like it had been washed with something dark green/dark blue. The once beautiful pastel blocks were pretty dingy. But.....he still snuggles up with it when he is cold, and he will always know that his Nom Nom (Davis speak for Grandma) made it for him!!!