Old 12-27-2014, 04:18 AM
lclang

When our youngest daughter was about 12 two granddaughters stayed with us while their mother worked. Any two of them could get along fine but add the third and you had bickering and fussing so one Saturday morning I had reached my limit and I got two loaves of bread dough out of the freezer and got them involved and while they decided what shape to make the bread I made a pot of homemade soup that everyone liked/ When it was done I suggested that they take one loaf of bread and a big container of the soup down to our bedfast neighbor, which they did. The old couple thanked them profusely and it became a Saturday ritual, bread or rolls made up in different shapes or into cinnamon rolls and a pot of soup or stew. It was a great help to the lady of the house as she was worn to a frazzle taking care of her husband and it was a great treat to him to have these pretty young girls with smiling faces come to visit every week and bring goodies. one of those girls operated a gluten free bakery for a while and that was her and that was her inspiration. All three still remember what fun they had and I remember the end of the bickering.